Thursday, August 19, 2010

Born Again

The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth...
Psalm 29:9

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 Peter 1:3-5



Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:3

...to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:12-13
Father in Heaven, thank You for the miracle of You causing my birth on this day 27 years ago. And thank You for the even greater miracle of You causing my new birth almost 8 years ago through the resurrection of Your Son from the dead so that I could become Your child, though formerly I wasn't. Wonder of wonders. I met the One with two scarred hands. Whether 7 months or 7 years or 7 decades, I'm giving Him the best of everything that's left of the life inside this man. I have no greater joy. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: