Thursday, May 23, 2013

True Seeing: Knowing You're Blind

For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.
John 9:39
In what sense does Jesus make those who don't see to see?  He brings us to see that we are blind and that there is no light apart from Him (John 9:41).  In a sense, we never stop being blind in this life.  Never.  The moment we think we can see, we become blind.
And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground.  These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16
I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
John 8:12

No comments: