Friday, June 12, 2009

Freedom Summit Online

I was able to attend the Freedom Summit, a two-day conference on modern day slavery and human trafficking, only a month ago. It rocked my world, to say the least, and I'm still feeling the tremors as I work out the implications for my life as one who has been a recipient of God's mercy in the gospel of His glorious Son. All the sessions have now been posted online. I highly recommend taking the time to watch or listen to them, especially Bethany Hoang of the International Justice Mission in plenary session #2, whose message God used to most deeply impact me.

Update: Shortly after writing this, I read this headline: Zimbabwe girls trade sex for food. And I continue to ask myself: How does the gospel demand my response? There's no doubt in my mind and heart that it does demand my response. I continue to seek the Lord to figure out how.

No comments: