Monday, January 11, 2010

Glorious. Weighty.

I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. Bring out the people who are blind, yet have eyes, who are deaf, yet have ears!
Isaiah 43:6-8 (emphasis added)

What in the world does verse 8 mean? Are the sons and daughters in verses 6 and 7 the same group of people being referred to in a different way in verse 8, or is verse 8 referring to another group? Idols (Psalm 115:4-5)? The meaning is ambiguous.

But could it be speaking of men and women like Patrick Hughes (below)? Whether or not verse 8 applies to Patrick Hughes, there's no doubt that verses 6 and 7 do.



HT: Noel Piper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks for posting this, Chris!