Thursday, February 04, 2010

A Word In Due Season For Me

...a word in season, how good it is!
Proverbs 15:23
On Monday, I read this quote:
"The concept of getting clarity of God's Will is highly overrated. Rather than clarity, we should focus on Faith."
-Bob Blincoe
I've been reflecting on it ever since. It drove me back to Hebrews 11 where I've gone repeatedly over the past year, and there I see plenty of evidence for the validity of Blincoe's statement. This created in me an eager anticipation to hear what Blincoe would say in his message at the Desiring God Conference for Pastors this week.

Yesterday, I listened to Blincoe's message and it was one of the most challenging messages I've ever heard. And I'm not using a superlative there for effect. One of the things he said was this (quoting Dawson Trotman):
"If you cannot see very far ahead, then go ahead as far as you can see. That's the life of faith."
In light of the effect that the quote I read on Monday had on me, I don't think it's very hard to see why this quote would have a similar effect on me. Just like the former, this quote has echoes of Hebrews 11 all over it as well (e.g. Hebrews 11:8). Exactly what I needed to hear. A word in season. How good it is (even when it's really, really hard)! Thank you Lord.

After listening to the message once, I plan to watch it. Watch with me:



No comments: