Thursday, October 28, 2010

What's The Least I Can Do?

That's the question we all tend to roll out of bed asking. What's the least I can do here? What's the minimum requirement? What bar do I have to meet, after which I can do what I want to do?

It's the question Peter asked with respect to forgiveness--what's the least number of times I can forgive before finally having the right to stop forgiving? (Matthew 18:21-35)

It's the question the Pharisees asked with respect to marriage--what's the least excuse I can have for divorcing my wife? (Matthew 19:1-12)

It's the question the rich young man asked with respect to morality--what's the least I can do to have eternal life? (Matthew 19:16-22)
Read the rest of this short (you're already halfway done), excellent post to learn the alternative.

I love this blog: how biblical, prophetic, challenging, direct, and to the point it is. Here are two of my other favorite posts:

2 Samuel 10:12

How Do We Make the Huge Decisions in Life?

No irony that two of my favorite blogs are authored by father and son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - convicting! Thanks for the pointers.

Hope to see you at the men's conference next week!

pilgriminconflict said...

Great to hear from you, brother! Lord willing, I look forward to seeing you next weekend!