Thursday, October 07, 2010

Why I Need The Righteousness Of Christ Today

And the word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, when a land sins against me by acting faithlessly, and I stretch out my hand against it and break its supply of bread and send famine upon it, and cut off from it man and beast, even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver but their own lives by their righteousness, declares the LORD GOD.
Ezekiel 14:12-14
1) I'm not as righteous as Noah, Daniel, or Job. Not even close. So I can't deliver myself.
2) Noah, Daniel, and Job aren't as righteous as God. So they can't deliver me (and they can't really deliver themselves either).
3) Only the righteousness of God can deliver me from the wrath of God.
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21
I'm so glad that, when no other man could do it, God provided the one man whose righteousness could deliver my life.

And yours.

And whoever calls upon His name.
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.
1 Timothy 2:5-6

No comments: